A period is your body’s report card . .If your cycle is ‘out of whack’ – and your periods run your life – something is awry and needs returning to balance – as your life will not be right until this is.
To run a perfect period you need abundant nutrients, water, feeling safe and being in a body that can .
The first period signals how luscious and important the new woman is for all the tribe. An exciting time in other cultures. What happens in our world? Secrets, shame, hiding it away . . perhaps it is time to out being a bleeding woman as it is the gift of life that we all hold inside us.
We could indulge ourselves, and our daughters.
Gift ourselves and them the awareness that we hold the future.
You can easily learn how to honour your bleeding.
Periods – how they start and why
As a girl reaches puberty, once she has almost reached her mature height, her body’s previous growing urges are channeled into a reservoir that allows the “heavenly waters” to flow. Menstrual blood is extra to requirements. This means that if a state of relative extreme stress or deprivation occurs at this time her whole blueprint of perfect periods may be askew.
A perfect period.
Comes and goes unobtrusively.
Good strong red liquid flow arrives without pain, distress or other bodily symptoms every 28 days.
The flow starts red, and continues smoothly for 4 to 6 days.
Not gushing or clotting – or stopping and starting.
Any digestive, emotional, skin or other allied cyclic occurrences are not part of a well woman’s life.
If these periods sound in any way odd to you, it is quite likely that using ways to return your body to easy periods would benefit all aspects of you being you. Also – great circulation and production of Qi and Blood allow for easy periods AND easy fertility, easy pregnancy. easy birthing and easy mothering with an easy baby. Prepare your body for a well pregnancy with healthy, happy outcomes.
Twelve self help steps to Menstrual Rescue
- Use only safe intimate care products
- Drink more water
- Avoid all cold: it will only make all matters health and gyne so much worse
- Avoid all modern ‘food’. Eat real. Live simply
- Remove all chemicals – including ‘beauty’ products, as tiny amounts will create hormonal chaos.
- Paint on iodine daily
- More Vit D and fats to allow all minerals a chance
9. Make friends with your liver – no self medication
- Make friends with/undo all trauma from the past
- Empower your own healing
- Find someone who like a Gentling Way/ Arvigo/Maya/ Mercier practitioner who can gently, safely, respectfully help you heal.
Handily – I am all of these. .and maybe can direct you to someone I have trained and/or trust
Endometriosis? See here for more
Any period disturbances.
Plus all cases of saggy belly/prolapse/incontinence/gut disorders and all things gyne . .
May be a case of a displaced uterus.
Heather’s Gentling Way method is a non-invasive, external group of lymph and gyno visceral moves. By relieving congestion and blockages we improve the flow of Qi and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems, preventing the progression of chronic disease. This results in improved organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen.
This external massage gently lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. The uterus is held in position by over 10 ligaments. Ligaments, when stressed or strained cause the uterus to become mal-positioned. When stuck with wonkily placed uterus, nothing works as it should.
What could cause a displaced uterus?
- Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, car accidents, etc
- Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
- High Impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
- Lifting & carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after childbirth
- Time and gravity
- Past surgeries
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
- Emotional armoring
What are the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
- Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
- Headache or migraine with period
- Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Low backache; back pain with period
- More serious imbalances including: Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids and Uterine Polyps
- PMS/ depression
- Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic miscarriages
- Difficulty getting pregnant/Infertility
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Difficult menopause
How quickly should I expect a change?
Depending on the severity of the problem, it may take as little as one session and as long as many months for the uterine position to be corrected and for the ligaments to gain enough strength and elasticity for it to stay in place. 3 sessions are usually the minimum.
You will be taught how to massage yourself nightly, how to enjoy a bajo (v steam and do these yourself), the use of castor oil packs, and how to improve your diet resulting in easier periods and fertility sexuality and life – all in your own hands.